Sky, Periwinkle, Ink, Dutch Blue, Cobalt or Chambray.
They are all blue and they are all part of the key colours for spring summer 2015 from the oracle of colour the Pantone Color Institute. Welcome to our guide to June and all that is blue in tartan
and a few other favourites we spotted in our search.
Fashion Stylist Christobelle Batchelor is renowned for her use of colour and texture creating iconic imagery using cultures, nostalgia and just a little bit of fantasy. Christobelle used some of tartan for a shoot last week and these are her thoughts on our colour of the month:
"Feeling blue? A versatile colour with a shade to fit every mood - navy for those demure days, turquoise for bohemian moods and electric blue for show stopping looks. Seen on SS15 catwwalk across the cities; Dion Lee in New York, Prada in Milan, David Koma in London and Elie Saab in Paris. Everything from trenches to full-length dresses and suits. Blue is the colour that makes me dream of summer and the seas this can easily translate into your wardrobe not only with clothing. But also for those who want to just dip into the trend using a touch of blue accessories to brighten up your day."
To finish off we have 5 random facts about blue:
1. This month Florence + The Machine launch the new album "How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful"
2. Chefchaouen or Chaouen is a city in northwest Morocco. It is the chief town of the province of the same name, and is noted for its buildings in shades of blue. Read more and see some amazing photos
from James Clear.
3. The most sold blue tartan on our website is the Pride of Scotland Modern
4. Scotland's national flag, the Saltire, is Pantone reference 300
5. Google ran an April Fool's this year called Gmail blue
, a version of their email service where everything is the colour blue