Creating a hamper of gifts or simply lots of little items that you need to wrap up nicely into one beautiful looking parcel? Grab your cellophane, a small piece of fabric and a roll of tartan ribbon and get ready to learn some new tricks.
You will need: Cellophane, scissors, a box, basket or other container, a small piece of tartan (or other) fabric (our Craft Swatches are a great size for this if you want to use a specific family or clan tartan), and some ribbon to finish off your creation.
- Pack your box with scrunched up cellophane to create a base in your box or basket
- Pleat your fabric roughly, tuck the edges under and lay it in the bottom of the box to create a bed for your goodies
- Pack your items into the box (it is always helpful to have various heights and shapes which with no effort will look creatively stacked together)
- Cut your tartan ribbon to length ready to tie your bow
- Place the box in the centre of the cellophane and grip the two opposite edges at the top, then gather in all the other loose edges and secure them with a ribbon, no need for a fancy bow at this stage
- Tuck the edges to the back of the box and tape them down to keep it neat
- Make a second bow and tie this into the first bow so you have an impressive double bow