Tartan Tree TrimEmma has come up with this fantastic way of using up leftover ribbon.
What you will need
- A good length of ribbon (wired tartan ribbon would work well)
- A whole bunch of beads
- A length of yarn or twine
- A large needle
How to make your tartan tree
- Tie a knot in one end of your yarn, then thread your needle on the other end - simple, eh?
- Thread one of the beads onto the yarn before making your first fold in the ribbon. This first fold will form the base of your tartan tree. After making this fold, pierce the ribbon with the needle as close to its middle, making sure to go through both layers of ribbon.
- Add another bead to your thread and then repeat the treading process, making sure to put beads between each double layer, these will give the tree its height.
- Continue threading the tartan ribbon on to the yarn until you get to the top. Cap it off with a final bead and tie the yarn into a loop so you can hang it from your tree.
We have had great fun learning how to make our own Christmas decorations. Have you got some clever ideas to share with us? Let us know and we will share your inspiration with our readers.